Site sponsor:

Friday, April 24, 2009

Hello from Greenland



I can't believe it I got my visit from Greenland. It only took me two days to get here, so thanks to my new friend(s) in Greenland for getting me off to a flying start.I'd still love to get a comment from someone in Greenland, to give us all an idea of what it is really like, but in the meantime here is the first entry in my travel journal.

I'm imagining myself in Nuuk (Godthåb) the capital of Greenland, there are some light showers and it's currently 33F. If I came here I'd stay in the center of town at the Hotel Hans Egede. The hotel is named after the missionary Hans Egede who founded the town in 1728. Later on I would go on a tour of the city. After dinner I'd get a ticket to watch the local handball team. Up above you will see a picture of Nuuk, and if you look very closely you will notice I'm not in it.


Savings so far:
Flight From New York to Nuuk $2647
Hotel in Nuuk $169

Grand Total: $2816

-Luke Sidewalker

No comments:

Post a Comment