Site sponsor:

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hello from Utrecht



After much huffing, puffing, and head scratching I have finally landed in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It has taken eight days to make it from Greenland which was longer than I had anticipated.

Well now I'm here, what to do? First off I will go to visit the Dom Tower the oldest and highest church tower in Holland. After catching my breath, because those 465 steps to the top of the tower took their toll it is off for a gentle tour of the local canals. Then it is back to the Hotel Mitland for the evening because tomorrow I'm off to see the local football team FC Utrecht take on Feyenoord. If anybody wants to tell me what it is really like please feel free to leave a comment, or maybe you have a score prediction for the game tomorrow?

So I would like to thank my anonymous friend in Utrecht for clicking the site and being the one I've been searching for all week. There seems to have been a peak in interest from The Netherlands in the last few hours so I would also like to thank my other visitors from Amsterdam and other cities. Sorry you weren't the first but I hope you can join my quest and help me get to my future destinations.

If you look above you will see a picture of Dom Tower with me once again nowhere in sight!

Next stop Antigua and Barbuda.

Savings this leg:
Flights from Nuuk to Amsterdam: $2540
Hotel in Utrecht: $199

Savings so far:
Grand Total: $5555

-Luke Sidewalker

No comments:

Post a Comment